This weekend, January 9th and 10th at the Holiday Inn by the Bay in Portland Maine hosts the annual Maine Wedding Association bridal show.
Northeast DJ’s is excited to take part in the bridal show and we look forward to meeting with you to discuss your wedding reception.
Here are some tips to make your bridal show experience beneficial:
- Make a day of it! Plan on lunch before or dinner after the bridal show. This means you can take your time making your way through the various wedding vendors and you don’t have to rush.
- Bridal shows are a great way to generate ideas for your own reception, so visit as many vendors as possible.
- Ask lots of questions! Vendors at the bridal show have a lot of experience and skills that they can share. While we are careful not to share our industry secrets there are a lot of general ideas that companies will share with you.
- Dress comfortably – especially comfortable shoes! You might be at the bridal show for a few hours and it will require a lot of standing and walking, make sure you’re comfortable.
- Get a notebook, ask questions and write down detailed information. You are going to speak to a lot of vendors and you won’t remember who said what unless you keep track of it all in an organized manner.
- Gather website information of the companies you are considering hiring. Websites are a great source of detailed information and is also a great reflection of the company and their personalities.
- Don’t accept any pushy sales techniques. Gather the information you need to make an informed decision and make sure you are comfortable with the company before signing a contract.
- If you plan to hire vendors at the bridal show, allow for time to compare them all. Pick 2 or 3 of your top choices and ask to speak with them for 15 – 20 minutes. Before making a final decision take a walk around the show one last time. The last thing you want to have is buyers remorse!
- Most of all, enjoy it! Bridal shows are a great way to gather information, brainstorm ideas and experience the excitement surrounding your special day.
Regarded as the top choice for a Maine Wedding DJ, Northeast DJ’s is committed to making your reception successful.
Please use the contact us form to inform us of your next event!